Friday, June 15, 2012

Testing 1, 2, 3...

I think I'm doing it. Starting a blog, that is. I feel like a major sell-out or joiner or wannabe or something, but I think for now I'll just see how it goes and decide later if I want to let people in on the fun. I think most blogs are either way wittier, more creative, and more interesting than I could try to be, or are super mundane and uninteresting to anyone but the blogger, so maybe I'll  just aim for middle ground.

Not sure really how to start blogging. "The beginning" doesn't seem like the place to start in this instance, so maybe I'll start with the present and see where that takes me. Let's try it.

Right now? I'm procrastinating. There is A LOT of laundry that needs to be folded, more in the dryer that will add to the pile if only I'll take it out, and a just-washed load that needs to be dried, but most likely I'll leave it in there and wash it a few more times to avoid actually having to switch it and then fold it. I should really stop doing that...especially in light of the water bill we received today.

Adelyn is asleep, and has been since around 7pm, which is pretty early for her lately. I think we're in a vicious cycle of early waking and then evening melt-downs, and I don't really know how to get out of that. She's sleeping through the night most every night now though, and that is a HUGE relief to my exhausted self.

Nathan is in Virginia doing his Annual Training with his National Guard unit. He will be gone for two more weeks, and so far he hasn't been able to call or text much, so I haven't talked to him for more than a few minutes in the past week. I was hoping to be able to talk to him yesterday and let him be the first to hear the gender news of our new baby, but as it stands, I texted him, have no idea if he has received it yet, and I totally don't have the capacity to keep a secret, so many others know already too. I know that was a run-on sentence. If you (whoever you are) plan to read my blog, you should know that there will be many run-on sentences. It's how I write. I refuse to change.

Baby #2 is doing well--measuring right on track (three days behind estimated due date, but has been consistent with that through three ultrasounds), jumping around like crazy in my poor sore uterus, and sending me plenty of fun pregnancy symptoms to make sure I don't wake up and forget that (s)he's in there. I'm currently feeling the burn of reflux, some constant nausea, a slight headache, and an overall lack of any energy or motivation. That's pregnancy induced--right? I start progesterone injections in one week (more on that in another post soon?), and the only major side effect of that will be potentially intensified pregnancy symptoms. Oh joy. Hopefully that won't be the case, because pregnancy already kicks my butt without any help. Here's a picture of his/her cute face:


On that note, I should probably sleep. I hear that helps with energy-deficiency. Maybe I'll write more soon. Maybe I won't. You'll just have to wait and see (whoever you are).


No comments:

Post a Comment