Friday, June 22, 2012

16 week baby sweet T update


How far along? 16 Weeks
Total weight gain: 3 lbs.
Maternity clothes? sometimes...I'm in between right now.
Stretch marks? not yet
Sleep:  never enough
Best moment this week: feeling baby sweet T kick on the inside while Adelyn was laying across the outside of my belly...so sweet.

Miss Anything? I could definitely go for a strong drink some nights lately after a long day with a toddler!
Movement: yep! still feels mostly like a goldfish fluttering around in there
Food cravings: this week I have craved pepper jack cheese and then porkchops with bbq sauce
Anything making you queasy or sick: most everything
Gender: looks like a girl based on last week's ultrasounds, and we'll know 100% on July 11th at our big ultrasound

Labor Signs: contractions, but we don't want those right now!
Symptoms: a lot more headaches in this past week or so, and crazy heartburn!
Belly Button in or out? in! hopefully for a long time...eek.
Wedding rings on or off? on...they have been sliding around and falling off even

Happy or Moody most of the time: pretty happy I think...
Looking forward to: feeling less sick...really, any day now would be fine...



So, that's where we are now.  Maybe I'll try to take a belly shot later today and post it so that my super unimpressive bump can be compared to later on, when it is much cuter than it is so far.


Edit: here it is...I don't think it usually looks this impressive, but some trick of the mirror/camera/lighting makes it look like I have a decent bump here. Most people would tell you I don't look like I'm showing at all.






Today I go to my OB office to get the first of 20 weekly progesterone injections (in my butt!) to prevent preterm labor. I will give them to myself after this first one, and continue until 36 weeks and then let nature take its course if I'm still pregnant then. Not a lot is fully known about how exactly the progesterone therapy works, but studies are showing a definite link to less recurrent preterm births in women who have had one previously and used progesterone the next time around. Since the side effects are few, my doctors and I thought it was worth a try, even if we don't know for sure how it might help me. I have been having some mild contractions and crampiness over the past week or two, and am trying to stay hydrated as much as possible, but I am hoping that the shots maybe calm that down a little bit.


Adelyn also has an appointment today for her 15 month well-check. I'm mostly just interested to see how big she is now. I am pretty sure she has gained an inch or two in height, but I'm not sure she has really gained much weight in a few months now that she is walking and climbing and basically doing non-stop cardio!


Edit: Results are in--she weighs 19lbs, 7oz (5th%ile) and is 28.25inches tall (<5th%ile). We're not worried, because she is symmetric and growing and 5th-10th is where she's been all along...so she's just our petite little girl and we like her that way :).


Nathan was able to call yesterday and check in, and other than being a little sick and run-down, he is doing fine. He says they are working hard and having long days, but that things are going well. Only a little over a week to go--and we Timbergals are ready to have our man back!

No comments:

Post a Comment