Saturday, March 9, 2013

Two years

It has flown by. Two years since I waited anxiously on the operating table to meet my baby girl. Two years since I heard that first little tiny cry that proved she was alive and breathing and okay. Two years since I fell in love with her at first sight.


In two years, she has gained 20 pounds, 20 teeth, and 17 inches. She has learned hundreds of words and can put them into two and three word sentences. She can count "one, two, three, four, five, six, nine, ten!" and say most of her letters. She knows all of the important colors, tons of animals and their sounds, all the words to the Blue's Clues theme song...and so much more. She knows how to be funny. She is shy, sweet, spunky, silly, stubborn, and so smart. She is finally becoming friends with other kids and learning to play and share and interact.

She is my big girl now, because she is the big sister. She is helpful, caring, curious, and funny. She loves to kiss Ella, give her blankets and pacis, rock her, and play with her. She watches all of the things I do with Ella and recreates them with her baby dolls and stuffed animals. She is rarely jealous, and is showing signs of being a great sister and friend to Ella.

She loves books--right now her favorites are Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Ten Little Ladybugs, The Busy Little Spider, Brown Bear Brown Bear, and Dr. Seuss's ABCs. She loves to color, play tea party, build blocks, and push her baby in the stroller. She loves Curious George and Blue's Clues on Netflix...a little too much sometimes. Her favorite foods are pizza, chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli trees, milk, and anything sweet. She loves baths, brushing her teeth, and going potty and getting applause and high-fives when she does a good job. She loves to play ball, slide, and jump on the trampoline outside.

She has grown and learned so much lately, and she keeps me laughing every day. She is exhausting and frustrating at times, but more than makes up for that when she's sweet and funny. I am loving getting to see more and more of her personality as she grows, and while I am sad to see her little years flying by, I am so excited to watch her grow into the precious big girl that she is becoming.


Happy birthday to my precious Adelyn Piper. I love you SO BIG.


No comments:

Post a Comment