Saturday, August 4, 2012

The bird and the bump

Photo: The Bird and the bump
Well, we made it through another week, and we're growing! Baby sweet T (who has a name now, but I'm not telling!), is now approximately 1lb in weight and maybe close to a full foot long. Those are estimates for 22 weeks, and she's measured small in our past ultrasounds, so maybe a little shy of that right now, but still getting close to those! It sounds tiny, and it is, but having met some micropreemies who are even smaller...it sounds like big progress.
I decided after looking at some pictures, that while I am bigger than I was this time with Adelyn:
It's not as extreme as some are saying, and I am, in fact, not as big as I was right before I had Adelyn...though many have told me this is bigger than I ever was before. Hmph. Someone also told me I am getting thicker. While his hand was resting on my thigh. He meant well...somehow.

Oh well. It's been a long week, and we capped it off with a fun evening with friends. I volunteered to cook if they would be so brave and try out a new recipe with us. It turned out to be a winner, so I'm sharing with you all because it is really good and so easy, and that's really all I ask!


Italian Chicken: (from www.crockadoodledo.blogspot.com)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-6 potatoes (I only had three, and there were plenty for the four of us)
Half a bag of baby carrots
Shredded Parmesan cheese
One bottle Italian dressing (16oz)
Italian Seasoning

Start by spraying the bottom of your crockpot, or lining it, or whatever you want to do to prevent stickage (I buttered). Pour a small amount of the Italian dressing to coat the bottom of the pot. Add the chicken so that they are not overlapping as well as you can. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and then more Italian dressing over the tops (no real amounts specified...just go with what looks good). Add potatoes that are cut into wedges, sprinkle more cheese, seasoning, dressing. Add carrots, more seasoning, and then finish off whatever is left of your bottle of Italian dressing. I had a lot left at that point, but I decided to follow the directions and just pour it all in.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours (mine cooked for about 8, and I think it would have been good at 6...everything was very soft and falling apart).

I also added some garlic salt because I thought it needed a little more salt, and everything needs garlic...so if you like a little more flavor, sprinkle that among the layers as well.

Delicious. Anything that doesn't involve chopping veggies into small pieces and has less than 10 ingredients is on my list :)





No comments:

Post a Comment